Pre-Wedding Shoots: Why are they important?
A pre-wedding shoot, often referred to as an engagement shoot, is a photo shoot that usually takes place three to six months prior to your wedding day. Though pre-wedding shoots have become a necessity for most professional photographers such as myself. I have noticed that an increasing number of potential clients have started debating whether they should be investing the time to have one at all. In short, here are five reasons why I believe clients should consider the importance of a pre-wedding shoot…
- It helps both my client and I build a good rapport. You will feel more comfortable with me as your photographer and you will also get to know my shooting style.
- For me, it’s also the time to get to know more about you as a couple; your characters, how affectionate you are with each other, how formal or casual your styles are. This way, I can create suitable settings that will compliment both of you during your wedding day.
- You are engaged, you are planning your wedding and you are most probably completely absorbed with wedding planning. A pre-wedding shoot provides you with the perfect moment to capture the joy, excitement, anticipation and emotional connection you both have for each other.
- Some brides will have their practice run regarding hair and makeup for their pre-wedding shoot. I’m not saying you have do this. However, what I can say is that in my experience shooting pre-wedding sessions, not only do brides feel more confident… but they can see how their chosen look will reflect on camera before the big day.
- My pre-wedding shoot service allows you to have instant download access to your images. Providing you with the opportunity to get creative using your photos in various ways. With your wedding day in mind why not use them for save-the-date cards, receptions seating charts and table indicators, wedding programs, signing boards or guest books.